Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #10: Online Image Generator


I lost a lot of time with this lesson. It was so much fun that I made items for my children. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to show Shemar Moore feeding me chocolate covered strawberries!

In the meantime, I utilized Dumpr to create the attached image. In Little Rock, there is an exhibit that depicts the Little Rock Nine. Their plight was an important part of history, and their courage paved the way for my children to attend the school of their choice. My children posed next to them to show their gratitude.
In a unit meeting, I was awestruck with a handout of several related terms creatively placed on a sheet of paper. Now, I know how the teacher created it! She utilized Wordie. I will create my own handout of terms. This will facilitate the discussion of memoirs. In addition, the students could create posters from Big Huge Labs when we discuss the grammar unit. There are other sites that I liked, but I need time to process some ideas. This lesson gave me a jump start!

No comments:

Post a Comment