Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #9: Useful Library-Related Blogs and News Feeds

These lessons are becoming fast and furious. As I learn additional "things", I am seeing more work mount up. I am receiving so many alerts in my email. I didn't have time to read email before this training, so now I really feel bogged down. Oh well...

This was an interesting activity. After playing with the various websites, I found blogsearch.google.com to be the easiest. Technorati and Edublog were interesting. Syndico was a bit confusing. During my travels, I came across some interesting blogs. Per your suggestion, I accessed The Cool Cat Teacher blog. The reading was quite enlightening as to creating a "circle of the wise." I especially liked one of the replies which used an example of a military leader to create a trusted circle. After accessing another site, I discovered that an author from my hometown had recently passed away. I read some of the blogs that discussed the author's impact on his loyal readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment