Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thing #8: RSS Feeds and Reeders


The Library2Play activity is really trying to catch me up with today's technology. I guess I have been hiding in a cave all these years. Each activity introduces a new and exciting concept to me. I loaded two of the suggested blogs, my librarian's blog, a political blog, and my daughter's blog. In addition, I added two websites that I like to peruse.

I like how everything comes to me vs. me going to them. It does save a lot of time, as well as, energy accessing the numerous sites that I periodically read. I plan to add/delete some as time goes on. With information transmitted to me on an immediate basis, I will be able to keep updated on current events and technology that are occurring in the world. This will help facilitate class discussions and class activities. One of the blogs belongs to our school's librarian. It had current "good reads", clever activities for students, and ways to incorporate technology into the curriculum. This will be a great way to keep me updated when I don't have time to personally touch bases with her.




No comments:

Post a Comment